Uvula papilloma has a rounded or slightly elongated shape, may be light or dark in color (depending on the pigmentation of the localization site), has a wide or thin leg through which it is nourished. Papillomas on uvula usually have an outer epithelial layer and an internal submucosa. Individual growths resemble the appearance of a pea, and multiple papillomas look like cauliflower. There is a big risk of rebirth of a growth when it gets oncogenous character. That is why such papillomas must be removed from a specialist, after a thorough study and diagnosis.
- Why Do You Get Uvula Papillomas?
- What Is the Treatment of Uvular Papilloma?
- What Is Uvulotomy and When Is It Recommended to Remove It?
Reducing the protective properties of immunity occurs for the following reasons:
- acute respiratory infections with inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx;
- endocrine diseases;
- antibacterial drugs;
- lack of nutrients and vitamins;
- non-compliance with sanitary and hygienic standards;
- alcohol abuse, smoking.
Viral infection is transmitted from person to person through close contact:
- sexually (the risk of getting a virus is tripled when there is intimate communication);
- through kisses;
- domestic route (in common areas);
- through the birth canal to the newborn from the mother;
- with injuries, microcracks and other injuries (self-infection).
In children, risk factors are frequent infections of upper respiratory tract:
- chronic tonsillitis (tonsillitis);
- laryngitis, tracheitis, pharyngitis;
- acute and purulent otitis.
Papillomatosis disease is common in people aged 20 to 40 years, leading a not entirely correct lifestyle, prone to stress, with the presence of bad habits.
After a detailed diagnostic study, the doctor prescribes the necessary drugs to weaken HPV and restore the function of natural protection. These drugs include Viferon, Interferon, Allokin Alfa, Cycloferon. It is important to understand that these drugs have many contraindications and side effects. Using them without medical prescription is extremely dangerous for human health.
Excision of formations can occur using special procedures. The doctor chooses the most appropriate method, based on the patient’s condition, the degree of growth injury, physiological characteristics, and the wishes of the patient himself. To remove uvula papilloma, the doctor may use:
- cryodestruction — freezing with liquid nitrogen;
- electrocoagulation — evaporation by electric current;
- radio wave exposure — removal of the converted high-frequency waves;
- laser excision — burning with a special laser;
- surgery — surgery with general anesthesia.
Complete or partial removal of the uvula is called uvulotomy. Uvula is a small growth located on the rear edge of the soft palate, which takes an active part in the formation of sounds, as well as (along with other organs of the oral cavity) can cause snoring, which is one of the clinical manifestations of obstructive sleep apnea. Removal of uvula or removal of papilloma on uvula allows you to get rid of snoring and eliminates violations of the respiratory process during sleep.
When are patients recommended to remove uvula? The following cases may be the indications for the uvulotomy:
- obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in severe and moderate severity;
- mild obstructive sleep apnea, accompanied by snoring;
- snoring without apnea syndrome.
There are certain contraindications for the papilloma uvula removal procedure:
- severe concomitant diseases;
- blood coagulation disorder.
How is the operation carried out? In order for the removal of the uvula to have extremely positive consequences, it should be carried out in the multi-disciplinary clinic. Before this operation, specialists carry out a comprehensive diagnosis that will allow you to properly make a diagnosis. The operation itself can be carried out using different techniques. The most effective and least traumatic for the patient are radiosurgical and laser techniques. These methods help to avoid bleeding and reduce postoperative trauma. This is how you will avoid risks of having a squamous papilloma uvula.
If you want to be sure that the uvulotomy will pass without complications and provide the desired effect, choose professionals. They will use the radio wave technique of doing uvulotomy. The operation should be carried out by experienced doctors. They have at their disposal modern equipment, the best professional tools and high-quality medicines, without which it is impossible to carry out such kind of operation.